Followers

Monday, August 3, 2009

Legalised Demonstration

Legalised Demonstration is a dream that comes true for any people around. Our PM has said in the papers today that a place will be provided for demonstration to be carried out peacefully. What a wind of change in Malaysia. I would like to stress here that eventhough I do not support demonstration but I am also against freedom of speech. To curtail the freedom of speech would necessary means that the Leaders would not be able to received the information (the truth from out there). More often than not the truth is out there. You will only be able to get the truth from the member of public. Whosoever that is an interested party will not be an impartial party to the information supplied.

I got a chance to sit in a local authority council for ten (10) years. Throughout the ten (10) years that I was in the council, I noticed that a lot of information supplied to the councils in the meeting do not represent the truth and therefore I was one of the most vocal person and non-popular person amongst the council official if not notorious. I had even voice my dissatisfaction and had had heated aurguement with the Council President in the meeting. He did not like thereafter, so what! What I desired was to ensure that the people are taken care of.

That is why I said, having had a glace at the papers today, Malaysia is really changing. I really hope that the LEaders would not take the words of the officials in toto! You shall wary that your officials may have his/her own agenda behind what he said. He may be hidden behind the weild of the official function dan duty entrusted to him/her.

Providing the legal venue for legal demonstration would however I believe challenge of many-fold. The supporter will say that it is good, brilliant and so on. the people who against it will say that it is a way that government wish to curtail the free movement of people, all the people will be under the scrutiny of the government, it go against human rights etc-etc. I hope that PM in saying this really mean it and it shall invlove little intervention from the governmant of the day. What is more important is to ensure public order.

CHANGE IS ON THE WAY!!! Hurray!!!

2 comments:

tbchua said...

A venue like a stadium is good.

Next, follow proper procedures.

Do it the gentlemen way from both sides.

Avoid sabotaging to avoid public outcry & public anger.

Handle with care,plus love.

Malaysia boleh!

侯振德律师 said...

tbchua,

In other words everyone must be sincere. We do not want to have people with other agenda to be in a crowd and cause trouble.

I read in a paper yesterday, there was a comment that people try breaking into a shop but luckily the shop has many workers within that ultimately prevented the breakin. This is thing that we do not want it to happen.